For most who know me moderately well, they know I adore food. Free cookies in the conference room? I'm there. New restaurant? Let's try it. To be sure, I could eat all day.
With my pending trip back to the sisterland (Virginia will forever remain the motherland), I plan to focus my days around good food and good friends. This includes the following (but is certainly not limited to):
- Red Iguana in SLC; can you say mole?
- Pizzeria 712 in Orem; whatever is seasonal. Which actually means everything on the menu. Yum.
- Spicy Thai in Provo; chicken satay, Angkor Curry, Pad Thai. No worries, I'll go and probably share with a friend. Probably being the key word.
- Bombay House in Provo; naan. More naan. All the naan you can eat. Chicken tikka.
- La dolce Vita in Provo; Ana's Spinach Ravioli or Penne Alla Pesto. I can smell the bread now...
- Sp^rk in Provo; pommes frites, apple martini. Not a real one, duh. This is happy valley, people. Dry as a bone, just the way I like it.
- Nicolitalia Pizzeria in Provo; Strada di Roma and Mahgarita pizza. Again, I'm sharing, friends. Definitely sharing this time.
- The Tree Room, Sundance; If there is time. I know this should take a higher priority, but I only have a week, and this place is pricey. Sadly, I make no promises with this one.
- Communal, and this cupcake place somewhere around University Parkway and Freedom. Both new, both highly recommended from the friend with whom I will eat most of this food.
Man oh man, I haven't even eaten yet and I'm about to burst at the seams (with excitement, of course!). Plus, all of this includes a sweet reunion with my blood family and my non-blood family, AND the blessing of my brand spanking new nephew. Who could ask for more? No one. Absolutely no one, I tell you!
Of course, my goal was to lose five pounds in anticipation of this fine food fest of 2010. Alas, I've only come to GAIN a solid five since Memorial Day.
Hey, I said I really like food, remember?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment